- Battle of Woehio: Reds, Indians trending opposite
- MLB and Reds discussing Pete Rose's role at All-Star Game
- The Skinny: What can be left to see of Marquis?
- Guthrie throws 6 scoreless innings; Royals top Reds 7-1
- Letterman Homage: Top 10 thoughts of Bryan Price
- Reds out to snap 4-game skid
- Ventura, 2 relievers shut out Reds, 3-0
- Podcast: Former Reds player and coach Dave Collins
- Column: Why Reds may not get above .500 again
- Reds announce rehab stint; rainout makeup date
- Tuesday's Reds preview: Hot-tempered Ventura the foe
- Baseball website, history differ on Bench's past
- Who Asked You? May 17, 2015
- Belt's 3rd homer in 3 games helps Giants beat Reds 9-8
- Sunday Reds preview: Young arms do battle
- Reds pitcher Marshall to have surgery
- Saturday Reds preview: Pence returns for Giants
- Smokestack at GABP catches fire during game
- Belt, Posey go deep on fiery night at GABP
- Friday Reds preview: Byrd on a tear in May
- Byrd shines as Reds top Giants 4-3
- Catcher won't get bowled over in Cincinnati All-Star Game
- Thursday Reds preview: Cueto vs. hot Lincecum
- Reds decision on Iglesias should be an easy one
- Reds rookie righty Iglesias baffles Braves in 2-hit, 5-1 win
- Reaction to Reds Pitcher Michael Lorenzen's game winning run
- Rodgers never let personal fight carryover to radio
- Former Reds player to be on reality show
- Reds claim relief pitcher from Angels
- Wednesday's Reds Preview: The return of Iglesias
- See Reds pitcher Lorenzen show off his speed
- Mesoraco's double in 9th sends Reds over Braves 4-3
- Frazier aching to get another shot at HR derby title
- Todd Frazier named 2015 All-Star Game Ambassador
- Column: No good solutions for Reds problems
- Podcast: 10 great minutes with Mark Sheldon of MLB.com
- Tuesday's Reds preview: Bullpen could use a break
- Reds drop third straight in 2-1 loss to Braves
- Maybe there's a reason it took so long to drop Gregg
- In-charge Leake set for opener against Braves
- Who Asked You? Reds edition: Sunday, May 10, 2015
- Beckham walks off the Reds in a 4-3 White Sox win
- Beckham's single lifts White Sox to 4-3 win over Reds
- Rodon helps White Sox beat Reds 8-2 for doubleheader split
- Cueto pitches Reds past White Sox 10-4
- Three minor leaguers, including two Reds, suspended under MLB Drug Policy
- Rain postpones Reds-White Sox game
- Votto disciplined for bumping umpire
- Votto gets 1-game suspension for bumping umpire
- Reds Ramblings: Enough of Gregg; big series for Mesoraco
Reds deal Broxton to Milwaukee
Updated: Sunday, August 31 2014, 05:55 PM EDT
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- The NL Central-leading Milwaukee Brewers have acquired right-handed reliever Jonathan Broxton from the Cincinnati Reds for two players to be named.
Milwaukee announced the move to bolster its bullpen before Sunday's series finale against the San Francisco Giants. The 30-year-old Broxton is 4-2 with a 1.86 ERA and seven saves in 51 appearances this season, and he will be called upon to help set up for closer Francisco Rodriguez.
"I like the pieces we have in our bullpen but we're talking about a guy that's a pretty special guy," manager Ron Roenicke said. "He's got great stuff, he competes well, he's a good teammate and I think it puts another piece there where I can pitch guys exactly how I want to."
Broxton is scheduled to join the team Monday in Chicago and is eligible for the postseason roster because the move was made prior to Sept. 1. His addition from a division rival will be a big boost to a beat-up, taxed bullpen - and an acquisition Milwaukee had been looking to make.
The Brewers add Broxton's $9 million salary for 2015 and a $9 million mutual option for '16.
"Part of the thinking was his contract. We had to recognize we're taking on this contract for next year, too," general manager Doug Melvin said. "You try to get somebody who can help. There's a lot of big money guys today, whether they're relievers or (position) players, whatever. We've done a pretty good job with bullpens without having to spend a lot of money."