One of the UC students injured in a fire has died. 21-year-old Chad Kohls passed away at University of Cincinnati Medical Center Monday, January 7th
Kohls’ family released a statement Monday night that reads.At approximately 4:30 pm today our beautiful son, Chad, passed from this life to the next. Chad had a huge heart. He was a wonderful person who loved people loved us and we loved him very much in return. We appreciate all the prayers and support and ask that the media please honor our request for privacy at this time to allow us to grieve with our loved ones. Thank you.
Kohls was one of two students living in the house who were seriously injured from the New Year’s Day fire.20 year old Ellen Garner is still in critical condition.
Investigators say a blanket left near a space heater was to blame for the blaze, which broke out around 7 a.m. at a home on Digby Avenue in University Heights. Flames on the second floor trapped Garner and Kohls.