Two women and a child had to take dramatic measures to escape from their burning home Friday morning.
Fire crews were called to a home on Franklin Street near McKinley around 1:45 a.m.
The two women and an eight-year-old child were upstairs when the fire started in the downstairs.
By the time they noticed it, they couldn't get out.
They eventually got out through a window and climbed down their porch roof.
No one was hurt. However, a dog and cat died in the fire.
Investigators are not sure what sparked the fire.