Covington firefighters are looking for the cause of an early morning fire that spread between two homes.
Crews were called to the home on Francis Lane around 2:30 Friday morning.
Neighbors driving by noticed the flames spreading to the house next door and did everything they could to help.
"I went and pounded on the door and told her 'your house is on fire'. She was kind of half asleep. She told me 'okay' and closed the door. I banged again and said 'your house is in flames'. She finally came out, " said John Lane who spotted the fire as he was driving down the street.
This wasn't the first time Lane was considered a hero. Earlier this year he stopped a would-be robber from stealing from a Covington gas station.
Firefighters rescued the woman's husband who was in the garage.
When firefighters arrived, the gas meter was burning. Crews couldn't shut off at the street valve. Duke Energy eventually arrived and secured the valve.
Local 12's Tiffany Wilson will have more later today on Local 12 News.