- Deal Reached in Iranâs Nuclear Program
- Mother Fined For Kids' Lunches
- 45 Killed in Grocery Store Collapse in Latvia
- Three Women Freed After 30 Years of Captivity
- Local Philippine Relief Effort
- Operation Christmas Child Collects for Kids Around the World
- Infant Left in Woods Saved by Dog
- Toronto's City Council Strips Mayor of Powers
- Hundreds Wait for Evacuation From Tacloban after Typhoon
- More than 10,000 Feared Dead from Phillipines Typhoon
- Olympic Torch Reaches International Space Station
- Over 100 dead in typhoon onslaught in Philippines
- Year's strongest typhoon blasts Philippines
- Suicide Bombings Kill 19 at Iraq Military Base
- Russian fireball shows meteor risk may be bigger
- Siberian teen sells her virginity online for $27,950
- Strong earthquake hits eastern Taiwan
- Italian Magazine Alleges NSA Spying on Cardinals
- Report: White House stopped phone tapping of foreign leaders this summer
- Tokyo company takes your stuffed animals on vacation ... without you
- 7.3-Magnitude Quake Shakes Japan
- DNA Tests Confirm Maria's Identity
- Spider Infestation Closes London School
- Portugal Reopens Madeleine McCann Case
- Bishop's Grand Lifestyle Under Fire
- Merkel calls Obama to complain about surveillance
- New Sneakers Modeled after a PB
- Groom who halted own wedding with bomb hoax jailed
- Girl Found in Gypsy Settlement
- Kenya gov't believes 4 terrorist bodies recovered
- Raymond becomes major hurricane as it nears Mexico
- Explosion on Russian bus kills 5, injures 17
- 'Nyan Nyan' Wine Intended For Cats
- Newly found ancient skull could rewrite human history
- Search after Laos crash lacks manpower, equipment
- Raging Australian wildfires destroy homes, kill 1
- Powerful earthquake hits near Papua New Guinea
- Thai official says plane crash in Laos kills 44
- Mmmmm: Bacon work could sell for a sizzling $100M
- Death Toll in Philippines Earthquake Jumps
- Man With Knife Arrested at Buckingham Palace
- Man with Knife Arrested Outside Buckingham Palace
- Boat with 200 Migrants Capsizes off Lampedusa
- Prince Harry Getting Hitched?
- 'Flawless' White Diamond Sells For $30.6 Million At Hong Kong Auction
- Torch Relay Begins for 2014 Winter Games
- String of attacks in Iraq kills at least 66
- Six Survive Plane Crash in Nigeria
- Update: At Least 114 Killed in Shipwreck Near Italian Island
- Popes John Paul II, John XXIII Canonization Dates Set
- Official: Kenya's Military Caused Mall Collapse, Not Terrorists
- Both pilots fall asleep during British Airbus flight, incident report reveals
- Update: Kenya Mall Attack
- Mayor Mark Mallory Attends Munich Oktoberfest
- Islamic Center Condemns Church Bombing
- Knox Defends Decision Not to Return to Italy
- Fairfax to buy BlackBerry for $4.7 billion
- 10 killed in massacre near Mexican border city
- Multiple large explosions at Kenya's Westgate mall
- Typhoon blows into China, kills 33 people in Asia
- Snake grounds jet with 370 passengers in Sydney
- Assad: Syria will allow access to chemical sites
- Costa Concordia trial: Captain blames helmsman shipwreck in Italy
- 3rd day of clashes in Bangladesh
- Multiple large explosions at Kenya's Westgate mall
- Pope keeps cleric who leads crackdown on liberal U.S. nuns
- Research Predicts Dramatic Increase in Dimentia Cases
- Kennedy Could be the Next Ambassador to Japan
- Pontiff Says Church Should Be More Welcoming
- Train, bus crash in Canada; 'multiple fatalities'
- Engineers Attempt to Upright Capsized Cruise Liner
- Report Finds Terrorist Investigation is Flawed
- United Nations Confirms Syria Used Chemical Weapons
- Out there: Voyager 1 enters space between stars
- JK Rowling to Pen New Magic Movie for Warner Bros
- Apple Introduces 2 new iPhone Models
- Syria says it accepted Russian weapons proposal
- World's happiest nations are...
- Nearly 100 Vehicles Crash In Fog
- Thai Rubber Farmers Clash with Police
- 16 skulls found on streets in Prague
- Volcano Erupts in Peru, First Since 2009
- Peruvian Volcano Eruption Caught On Camera
- Update on the President's Plan for Syria
- Near Miss
- United States Moves Closer To Launching Military Strike On Syria
- The "Blade Runner' Indicted for Murder
- Sentencing Phase For SSGT Bales
- Spy Bread?
- 100 Meter Stiletto Run
- Escaped Snake From Pet Store Kills Two Boys
- Deadly Bus Crash in Italy
- Pope Reaches Out to Gay Community
- Pope Returns Home
- Warning For Male Skinny Dippers In Scandinavia
- Jewelry Heist, One for the Records
The "Blade Runner' Indicted for Murder
Updated: Monday, August 19 2013, 10:16 PM EDT
Prosecutors in South Africa have indicted Olympic track star Oscar Pistorius.
Oscar Pistorius wiped away tears as he waited for prosecutors to deliver the
murder indictment against him.
Lawyers in South Africa officially charged the paralympian with the
premeditated killing of his girlfriend, model Reeva Steenkamp.
Pistorius held the 11 page indictment that portrays him as an angry man who shot to kill when he fired four bullets through a bathroom door inside his home in Pretoria.
Prosecutors say witnesses heard a woman screaming before the gunfire in the
early hours of Valentine's Day, 2013.
The former Olympian, known as the blade runner for his prosthetic racing legs,
says he thought he was shooting an intruder. He says he was heartbroken when
he realized he killed the woman he loves.
Pistorius prayed and cried with his brother and sister in court as he
learned he will go on trial for murder early 2014.
The indictment came on what would have been Steenkamp's 30th birthday.
Prosecutors say they will call more than 100 witnesses at the trial. Included in the whitnesses will be several former girlfriends of Pistorius who they say will testify about the athlete's temper.
Pistorius will remain free on bail until his trial begins.
If convicted of murder, Pistorius could face up to life in prison. South Africa does not have the death penalty.