Dance Party Friday
- Dance Party Friday: We Need a Little Christmas
- Dance Party Friday Rewind: Ghosts of Christmas Past
- Dance Party Friday: The Rusty Ball
- Dance Party Friday: Sweet Stuff After Halloween
- Bob Herzog's Version of "Flashdance" Water Scene
- Dance Party Friday: Pumpkin Y'all
- Dance Party Friday: Think Pink
- Dance Party Friday: Donauschwaben Society Brings Their Axes
- Dance Party Friday: Reds Playoff Edition
- Dance Party Friday: Preparing for Oktoberfest Zinzinnati
- Dance Party Friday: Bob and the Ben-Gals!
- Dance Party Friday: Rubber Duck Regatta
- Dance Party Friday: Boy Band Tribute
- Dance Party Friday: Stomping good time
- Dance Party Friday: Time
- Dance Party Friday: With The "Ladies" Of The Delhi Skirt Game
- Dance Party Friday: Macy's Music Festival
- Dance Party Friday: Tribute To Earworms
- Dance Party Friday: Chippendales
- Dance Party Friday: Huey Lewis' Birthday
- Dance Party Friday: Summertime
- Dance Party Friday: Prancercising
- Dance Party Friday: Funky and Falsetto
- Dance Party Friday: "The Cincinnati Kids"
Bob Herzog's Version of "Flashdance" Water Scene
Updated: Friday, November 1 2013, 11:17 PM EDT
CINCINNATI (WKRC) -- You know the songs, and as you can tell from the video provided by Broadway Cincinnati, you know some of the moves. Flashdance: the Musical is now on stage at the Aronoff Center. In the iconic role of Alex Owens, first made famous by Jennifer Beals in the classic film from 30 years ago, is Jillian Mueller.
If Jillian does, in fact, feel any pressure to play this part, it doesn't show. That's because despite the physicality of the production, she says "it's a two-and-a-half hour marathon. I don't stop for two and a half hours."
And for the audiences, who know exactly what they want she says, "I think we do live up to the expectations you have from the movie and then some."
She's very well-prepared. "I used to go in my basement and turn off all the lights and sit in my bean bag chair in front of our big screen TV and watch Flashdance."
Of course, that didn't necessarily mean she was prepared for me, in a ripped sweatshirt, sweatpants and pink leg warmers. Everybody knows the water scene that she does, "to give you a little bit of that and we're going to do the famous dance moves like the maniac run and the kicks and the pull, and all of it."
But after some rehearsal time and some important warnings. "you see these three little spouts? water is going to come out. before you even get to the final water. water's coming out."
"5 6 7 8. head right. head left. right arm. left arm. together out. and run. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8. 2 2 3 4 5 6 7 8. step kick. step kick. booty pop. sit down. pull the string. here we go."
Bob says, "it was really until the last one and then it was cold. but I've never felt so alive. I'm a maniac. I'm a manic."
And dare I say it, what a feeling. Jillian says "and like shannon said you've had the best booty pop we've seen."
The show runs through November 10.
Watch video HERE