- Could it be the year newcomers dominate Grammys?
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use
- Jen Dalton interviews Garth Brooks
- Emmy Award Found in Trash
- "The Hunger Games Catching Fire" Midnight Opening
- Jen Dalton talks with stars of 'The Mentalist'
- Singer Chris Brown Kicked Out of Rehab
- Adam Levine named People's 'sexiest man alive'
- "It's a Wonderful Life" Sequel in the Works
- 'Star Wars: Episode VII' holding open casting call
- PG-13 Gun Violence Rivals that of R Movies
- Top 22 Tongue Twisters
- Katy Perry takes top spot on Twitter
- Rain-Ready Costumes for Trick-or-Treat
- SNL-DIVERSITY SKETCH
- Gadget Emits Fragrances from iPhone
- Bob Barker Returns To The Price Is Right
- The Top Grossing Scary Movies Of All-Time
- Bob Barker to mark his 90th birthday on
- Tim Burton, Michael Keaton in talks for 'Beetlejuice 2'
- Justin Bieber Fan Spends $100K on Plastic Surgery to Look Like the Singer
- The Big Board: Friday, October 18th
- 2nd Annual Cincinnati Craft Brewery Oktoberfest
- Nirvana, Ronstadt among Rock Hall of Fame noms
- Jen Dalton chats with Butch Patrick
- Naked Cowboy No Longer Votes in Greenhills
- The Tomorrow People Interview
- Man Becomes Unexpected Trillionaire
- Esquire Names Scarlett Johansson 'Sexiest' Again
- 'Gravity' Soars to Top of Weekend Box Office
- Miley Cyrus Rules 'SNL' as Host and Musical Guest
- Naomi Judd to be Honored in Louisville for Career
- Series premiere of "The Millers" on Thursday
- 48 Hours: Spies, Lies
- Concert Promoter Found Not Responsible for Michael Jackson's Death
- Series premiere of "We are Men" on Monday
- Bus boy becomes internet sensation for blazing speed
- "Dumb and Dumber To" Begins Filming
- Henson Family Donates 20 Muppets to Museum
- Mayor Mark Mallory Attends Munich Oktoberfest
- Armless Guitar Player Motivates Audiences
- Nintendo's "The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses" Tour Comes to Cincinnati on October 27
- New comedy "Mom" to premiere Monday night on CBS
- NFL's Most Famous Head of Hair is Getting a Trim
- Tickets for the 6th annual Rusty Ball on sale Monday
- Series premiere of "Hostages," on Monday
- Nintendo's Yamauchi dies aged 85
- Survivor Blood Vs. Water Pits Family Members Against Each Other
- Interview With Laila Ali and Kevin Frazier
- Emmy Awards To Feature Tribute To Stars Who Died In Past Year
- New Miss America Takes Dip in NJ Surf
- Old West Fest on Good Morning Cincinnati Sunday
- Interview with Wendy Williams
- Interview with Richard Kiel
- Dance Party Friday: Bob and the Ben-Gals!
- JK Rowling to Pen New Magic Movie for Warner Bros
- Miss Kansas Shows Tattoos at Miss America Pageant
- Actor/Director Clint Eastwood Served Divorce Papers for Second Time
- Horseshoe Casino Giving Refunds for Canceled Doobie Brothers Performance
- Whispering Bill Anderson On Good Morning Cincinnati
- Man Wins Fight to Wear Pasta Strainer in License Photo
- One Direction Fans in London Gather for Film World Premiere
- Best-selling author Elmore Leonard dies at 87
- Tuesday's French Fried Cooler
- Chuy's Opens First Ohio Restaurant In Madeira
- Lindsay Lohan Says Her Troubled Past Is Behind Her
- The London Police Second Coming To Covington
- On The Big Board: Hamilton County Fair, "I Can Swim", And Performers At The Horseshoe
- Downtown Actress Notes A UK George Trend
- Favorite, Non-chain Local Restaurant?
- Competitive Beard Grower Goes Viral
- Local Zombie Film Makes It Local Debut
- Bieber's Tour Bus Posted For Pot
- Simpsons Co-Creater With Cancer Giving Away Fortune
- Mom Delivers 7lb Baby at Pump 7
- "House of Cards" Makes Emmy History With Nominations
- Jen Dalton Interviews Aisha Tyler
- Beyonce Holds Moment Of Silence For Trayvon Martin
- JK Rowling Revealed As Writer Behind Crime Novel
- Bethenny No Limits: Preview!
- Celebrity Duck Auction
Tim Burton, Michael Keaton in talks for 'Beetlejuice 2'
Updated: Thursday, October 24 2013, 03:05 PM EDT
HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (CBS) -- It's showtime!
Tim Burton has entered official negotiations with Warner Bros. to direct "Beetlejuice 2," according to The Wrap.
The new film would serve as a long-awaited sequel to Burton's 1988 supernatural blockbuster, which was screened at this year's Tribeca Film Festival in April in honor of its 25th anniversary. The original starred Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis, Winona Ryder and Michael Keaton, as the titular "bio-exorcist" tasked with scaring a family out of a haunted house.
Keaton, who will co-star in the upcoming "RoboCop" remake, is also in talks along with Burton to return for the sequel.
The "Beetlejuice 2" screenplay was written by David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith, who also penned"Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter," which was produced by Burton.
It looks like it might be a while, though, before we see Keaton and company dance once again to Harry Belafonte's "Day-O (The Banana Boat Song)."
Burton's next directorial effort is slated to be a film adaptation of Ransom Riggs' 2011 best-selling novel, "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children," due for release in 2015.
© 2013 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.
At left, director Tim Burton attends a party hosted by The Weinstein Company on May, 19, 2013 in Cannes, France. At right, actor Michael Keaton arrives to the premiere of HBO Films' "Clear History" on July 31, 2013, in Hollywood, Calif. / Alberto E. Rodriguez/Neilson Barnard/Getty Images