- Could it be the year newcomers dominate Grammys?
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use
- Jen Dalton interviews Garth Brooks
- Emmy Award Found in Trash
- "The Hunger Games Catching Fire" Midnight Opening
- Jen Dalton talks with stars of 'The Mentalist'
- Singer Chris Brown Kicked Out of Rehab
- Adam Levine named People's 'sexiest man alive'
- "It's a Wonderful Life" Sequel in the Works
- 'Star Wars: Episode VII' holding open casting call
- PG-13 Gun Violence Rivals that of R Movies
- Top 22 Tongue Twisters
- Katy Perry takes top spot on Twitter
- Rain-Ready Costumes for Trick-or-Treat
- SNL-DIVERSITY SKETCH
- Gadget Emits Fragrances from iPhone
- Bob Barker Returns To The Price Is Right
- The Top Grossing Scary Movies Of All-Time
- Bob Barker to mark his 90th birthday on
- Tim Burton, Michael Keaton in talks for 'Beetlejuice 2'
- Justin Bieber Fan Spends $100K on Plastic Surgery to Look Like the Singer
- The Big Board: Friday, October 18th
- 2nd Annual Cincinnati Craft Brewery Oktoberfest
- Nirvana, Ronstadt among Rock Hall of Fame noms
- Jen Dalton chats with Butch Patrick
- Naked Cowboy No Longer Votes in Greenhills
- The Tomorrow People Interview
- Man Becomes Unexpected Trillionaire
- Esquire Names Scarlett Johansson 'Sexiest' Again
- 'Gravity' Soars to Top of Weekend Box Office
- Miley Cyrus Rules 'SNL' as Host and Musical Guest
- Naomi Judd to be Honored in Louisville for Career
- Series premiere of "The Millers" on Thursday
- 48 Hours: Spies, Lies
- Concert Promoter Found Not Responsible for Michael Jackson's Death
- Series premiere of "We are Men" on Monday
- Bus boy becomes internet sensation for blazing speed
- "Dumb and Dumber To" Begins Filming
- Henson Family Donates 20 Muppets to Museum
- Mayor Mark Mallory Attends Munich Oktoberfest
- Armless Guitar Player Motivates Audiences
- Nintendo's "The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses" Tour Comes to Cincinnati on October 27
- New comedy "Mom" to premiere Monday night on CBS
- NFL's Most Famous Head of Hair is Getting a Trim
- Tickets for the 6th annual Rusty Ball on sale Monday
- Series premiere of "Hostages," on Monday
- Nintendo's Yamauchi dies aged 85
- Survivor Blood Vs. Water Pits Family Members Against Each Other
- Interview With Laila Ali and Kevin Frazier
- Emmy Awards To Feature Tribute To Stars Who Died In Past Year
- New Miss America Takes Dip in NJ Surf
- Old West Fest on Good Morning Cincinnati Sunday
- Interview with Wendy Williams
- Interview with Richard Kiel
- Dance Party Friday: Bob and the Ben-Gals!
- JK Rowling to Pen New Magic Movie for Warner Bros
- Miss Kansas Shows Tattoos at Miss America Pageant
- Actor/Director Clint Eastwood Served Divorce Papers for Second Time
- Horseshoe Casino Giving Refunds for Canceled Doobie Brothers Performance
- Whispering Bill Anderson On Good Morning Cincinnati
- Man Wins Fight to Wear Pasta Strainer in License Photo
- One Direction Fans in London Gather for Film World Premiere
- Best-selling author Elmore Leonard dies at 87
- Tuesday's French Fried Cooler
- Chuy's Opens First Ohio Restaurant In Madeira
- Lindsay Lohan Says Her Troubled Past Is Behind Her
- The London Police Second Coming To Covington
- On The Big Board: Hamilton County Fair, "I Can Swim", And Performers At The Horseshoe
- Downtown Actress Notes A UK George Trend
- Favorite, Non-chain Local Restaurant?
- Competitive Beard Grower Goes Viral
- Local Zombie Film Makes It Local Debut
- Bieber's Tour Bus Posted For Pot
- Simpsons Co-Creater With Cancer Giving Away Fortune
- Mom Delivers 7lb Baby at Pump 7
- "House of Cards" Makes Emmy History With Nominations
- Jen Dalton Interviews Aisha Tyler
- Beyonce Holds Moment Of Silence For Trayvon Martin
- JK Rowling Revealed As Writer Behind Crime Novel
- Bethenny No Limits: Preview!
- Celebrity Duck Auction
Nirvana, Ronstadt among Rock Hall of Fame noms
Updated: Friday, October 18 2013, 01:52 PM EDT
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Nirvana, Linda Ronstadt, Peter Gabriel, Hall and Oates, and The Replacements are among first-time nominees to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
The hall of fame announced its annual list of nominees Wednesday morning and half the field of 16 were first-time nominees. YES, Link Wray and The Zombies also received their first nominations.
More than 600 voters will determine the class of 2014. Inductees will be announced in December and a ceremony will be held next April in New York. The induction will be aired on HBO in May.
Nirvana is nominated in its first year of eligibility. If selected for induction, the band would enter the hall of fame almost exactly 20 years after frontman Kurt Cobain's suicide at age 27.
Ronstadt receives her first nomination not long after she shared news that she has Parkinson's disease. Fans have long questioned her absence from the hall's roster of stars. Similarly, long-denied YES joins the list after Rush finally struck a blow for prog rock with its induction earlier this year.
Repeat nominees are KISS, LL Cool J, N.W.A., Cat Stevens, Deep Purple, The Meters, The Paul Butterfield Blues Band and Chic. It's the eighth nomination for Chic since 2003, but comes as co-founder Nile Rodgers is enjoying widespread attention after his collaboration with Daft Punk earlier this year.
KISS, LL Cool J and Stevens return to the list after absences of several years.
Follow AP Music Writer Chris Talbott at: http://twitter.com/Chris_Talbott