- Lego Move grounded by Non-Stop and Son of God
- List of who won at the Oscars
- Two-hour season premiere of SURVIVOR on Wednesday
- Actor Alec Baldwin contemplates leaving NYC
- Lego Movie No. 1 for third weekend
- Blue Night Jazz Band
- Devo guitarist Bob Casale dies at age 61
- Lego Movie blocks RoboCop and About Last Night
- Ralph Waite dies at 85
- Dumb Starbucks does not last long
- Hollywood legend Shirley Temple has died
- Social media erupt over Biggest Loser winner
- Jen Dalton interviews stars of Criminal Minds
- Four arrested in connection with death of Philip Seymour Hoffman
- Jen Dalton interviews soap opera stars
- Beyonce by the book: Rutgers offers course on star
- Jason Aldean and Miranda Lambert Take Over Great American Ball Park This July
- COMING SOON: Shorter movie trailers
- Stars line up to pay tribute to The Beatles
- Bruno Mars tour will stop in Cincinnati
- Folk music legend Pete Seeger dead at 94
- Katy Perry Valentino dress rules Twitter
- Grammy Awards reach 28.5 million viewers
- Daft Punk, Macklemore top left-of-center Grammys
- Brokeback Mountain - the Opera
- Rap could have big night at Grammy Awards
- The list of Grammy performers continues to grow
- Beyonce, Jay Z top Billboard Power 100 list
- Justin Bieber arrested in Florida for DUI, drag racing
- Worst of Hollywood nominated for Razzies
- Hustle, Gravity lead Oscars with 10 nods each
- Teen pregnancy shows linked to teen birth rate drop
- Lone Survivor: A brutal tribute to Navy SEALs
- Lone Survivor tops opening weekend box office
- Dave Matthews Band to perform at Riverbend this summer
- E! Entertainment apologizes to Michael J. Fox
- Jason Aldean announces 50-date stadium tour
- Bullock sweeps Peoples Choice Awards
- Bullock, Glee poised for Peoples Choice Awards
- Critics debate Holiday Classics
- Exhibit A: Reality TV footage becomes a legal tool
- Duck Dynasty fans react to Patriarch hiatus
- Duck Dynasty Patriarch suspended after faith-based comments against gays
- Timberlake, Beyonce have top iTunes albums this year
- Nirvana, Kiss, Peter Gabriel headed to Rock Hall
- TV Hall of Fame to add Louis-Dreyfus, Leno
- Tributes paid to 'Lawrence of Arabia' star O'Toole
- Bruno Mars is Billboard's top artist of 2013
- Know Theatre performs The Naughty List
- List of nominees for 71st Golden Globe Awards
- Could it be the year newcomers dominate Grammys?
- Celebrity chef Nigella Lawson admits cocaine use
- Jen Dalton interviews Garth Brooks
- Emmy Award Found in Trash
- "The Hunger Games Catching Fire" Midnight Opening
- Jen Dalton talks with stars of 'The Mentalist'
- Singer Chris Brown Kicked Out of Rehab
- Adam Levine named People's 'sexiest man alive'
- "It's a Wonderful Life" Sequel in the Works
- 'Star Wars: Episode VII' holding open casting call
- PG-13 Gun Violence Rivals that of R Movies
- Top 22 Tongue Twisters
- Katy Perry takes top spot on Twitter
- Rain-Ready Costumes for Trick-or-Treat
- SNL-DIVERSITY SKETCH
- Gadget Emits Fragrances from iPhone
- Bob Barker Returns To The Price Is Right
- The Top Grossing Scary Movies Of All-Time
- Bob Barker to mark his 90th birthday on
- Tim Burton, Michael Keaton in talks for 'Beetlejuice 2'
- Justin Bieber Fan Spends $100K on Plastic Surgery to Look Like the Singer
- The Big Board: Friday, October 18th
- 2nd Annual Cincinnati Craft Brewery Oktoberfest
- Nirvana, Ronstadt among Rock Hall of Fame noms
- Jen Dalton chats with Butch Patrick
- Naked Cowboy No Longer Votes in Greenhills
- The Tomorrow People Interview
- Man Becomes Unexpected Trillionaire
- Esquire Names Scarlett Johansson 'Sexiest' Again
- 'Gravity' Soars to Top of Weekend Box Office
- Miley Cyrus Rules 'SNL' as Host and Musical Guest
- Naomi Judd to be Honored in Louisville for Career
- Series premiere of "The Millers" on Thursday
- 48 Hours: Spies, Lies
- Concert Promoter Found Not Responsible for Michael Jackson's Death
- Series premiere of "We are Men" on Monday
- Bus boy becomes internet sensation for blazing speed
- "Dumb and Dumber To" Begins Filming
- Henson Family Donates 20 Muppets to Museum
- Mayor Mark Mallory Attends Munich Oktoberfest
- Armless Guitar Player Motivates Audiences
- Nintendo's "The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses" Tour Comes to Cincinnati on October 27
- New comedy "Mom" to premiere Monday night on CBS
- NFL's Most Famous Head of Hair is Getting a Trim
- Tickets for the 6th annual Rusty Ball on sale Monday
- Series premiere of "Hostages," on Monday
- Nintendo's Yamauchi dies aged 85
- Survivor Blood Vs. Water Pits Family Members Against Each Other
- Interview With Laila Ali and Kevin Frazier
- Emmy Awards To Feature Tribute To Stars Who Died In Past Year
- New Miss America Takes Dip in NJ Surf
- Old West Fest on Good Morning Cincinnati Sunday
- Interview with Wendy Williams
- Interview with Richard Kiel
- Dance Party Friday: Bob and the Ben-Gals!
- JK Rowling to Pen New Magic Movie for Warner Bros
- Miss Kansas Shows Tattoos at Miss America Pageant
- Actor/Director Clint Eastwood Served Divorce Papers for Second Time
- Horseshoe Casino Giving Refunds for Canceled Doobie Brothers Performance
- Whispering Bill Anderson On Good Morning Cincinnati
- Man Wins Fight to Wear Pasta Strainer in License Photo
- One Direction Fans in London Gather for Film World Premiere
- Best-selling author Elmore Leonard dies at 87
- Tuesday's French Fried Cooler
- Chuy's Opens First Ohio Restaurant In Madeira
- Lindsay Lohan Says Her Troubled Past Is Behind Her
- The London Police Second Coming To Covington
- On The Big Board: Hamilton County Fair, "I Can Swim", And Performers At The Horseshoe
- Downtown Actress Notes A UK George Trend
- Favorite, Non-chain Local Restaurant?
- Competitive Beard Grower Goes Viral
- Local Zombie Film Makes It Local Debut
- Bieber's Tour Bus Posted For Pot
- Simpsons Co-Creater With Cancer Giving Away Fortune
- Mom Delivers 7lb Baby at Pump 7
- "House of Cards" Makes Emmy History With Nominations
- Jen Dalton Interviews Aisha Tyler
- Beyonce Holds Moment Of Silence For Trayvon Martin
- JK Rowling Revealed As Writer Behind Crime Novel
- Bethenny No Limits: Preview!
- Celebrity Duck Auction
Lone Survivor tops opening weekend box office
Updated: Tuesday, January 14 2014, 02:54 PM EST
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- "Lone Survivor" dominated the weekend box office.
The Navy SEAL drama starring Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch, Emile Hirsch and Ben Foster earned $37.8 million in its first weekend of wide release.
The Universal film directed by "Friday Night Lights" and "Battleship" filmmaker Peter Berg is based on Marcus Luttrell's memoir about a dangerous mission his Navy SEAL team embarked on in Afghanistan in 2005. "Lone Survivor" previously opened in limited release to qualify for awards consideration.
Disney's animated tale "Frozen" made $14.7 million in second place in its eighth weekend, bringing its domestic total to $317.3 million.
Lionsgate's mythological action flick "The Legend of Hercules," starring Kellan Lutz, opened in third place with $8.9 million.
The top 20 movies at U.S. and Canadian theaters Friday through Sunday, followed by distribution studio, gross, number of theater locations, average receipts per location, total gross and number of weeks in release, as compiled Monday by Rentrak, are:
1. "Lone Survivor," Universal, $37,849,910, 2,875 locations, $13,165 average, $38,231,471, 3 weeks.
2. "Frozen," Disney, $14,728,118, 3,239 locations, $4,547 average, $317,319,106, 8 weeks.
3. "The Legend of Hercules," Lionsgate, $8,868,318, 2,104 locations, $4,215 average, $8,868,318, 1 week.
4. "The Wolf of Wall Street," Paramount, $8,839,220, 2,521 locations, $3,506 average, $78,425,771, 3 weeks.
5. "American Hustle," Sony, $8,302,205, 2,629 locations, $3,158 average, $101,265,133, 5 weeks.
6. "The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug," Warner Bros., $8,022,353, 3,075 locations, $2,609 average, $242,226,788, 5 weeks.
7. "August: Osage County," The Weinstein Company, $7,158,265, 905 locations, $7,910 average, $7,703,650, 3 weeks.
8. "Saving Mr. Banks," Disney, $6,556,216, 2,671 locations, $2,455 average, $68,927,442, 5 weeks.
9. "Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones," Paramount, $6,284,630, 2,883 locations, $2,180 average, $28,456,019, 2 weeks.
10. "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues," Paramount, $5,838,849, 3,012 locations, $1,939 average, $118,256,793, 4 weeks.
11. "Her," Warner Bros., $5,345,477, 1,729 locations, $3,092 average, $8,744,777, 4 weeks.
12. "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire," Lionsgate, $4,383,208, 1,762 locations, $2,488 average, $413,775,859, 8 weeks.
13. "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty," 20th Century Fox, $4,302,846, 2,584 locations, $1,665 average, $52,593,608, 3 weeks.
14. "Grudge Match," Warner Bros., $1,907,216, 2,005 locations, $951 average, $28,410,646, 3 weeks.
15. "Inside Llewyn Davis," CBS Films, $1,882,548, 729 locations, $2,582 average, $9,315,674, 6 weeks.
16. "47 Ronin," Universal, $1,644,310, 1,359 locations, $1,210 average, $36,444,195, 3 weeks.
17. "Walking with Dinosaurs," 20th Century Fox, $1,405,976, 1,339 locations, $1,050 average, $33,715,003, 4 weeks.
18. "Philomena," The Weinstein Company, $1,385,067, 607 locations, $2,282 average, $21,941,095, 8 weeks.
19. "Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas," Lionsgate, $1,090,856, 1,040 locations, $1,049 average, $51,854,753, 5 weeks.
20. "Nebraska," Paramount, $885,463, 521 locations, $1,700 average, $8,215,117, 9 weeks.
Universal and Focus are owned by NBC Universal, a unit of Comcast Corp.; Sony, Columbia, Sony Screen Gems and Sony Pictures Classics are units of Sony Corp.; Paramount is owned by Viacom Inc.; Disney, Pixar and Marvel are owned by The Walt Disney Co.; Miramax is owned by Filmyard Holdings LLC; 20th Century Fox and Fox Searchlight are owned by News Corp.; Warner Bros. and New Line are units of Time Warner Inc.; MGM is owned by a group of former creditors including Highland Capital, Anchorage Advisors and Carl Icahn; Lionsgate is owned by Lions Gate Entertainment Corp.; IFC is owned by AMC Networks Inc.; Rogue is owned by Relativity Media LLC.