2 oz. clarified butter
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 oz. flour
8 oz. Mornay Sauce
1 oz. clarified butter
1 oz. flour
1 pint milk
1/8 whole white onion, peeled
1 whole clove
1/2 bay leaf
2 oz. grated Gruyere cheese
1 oz. grated Parmesan cheese
1 oz. raw butter
- Heat butter in heavy sauce pot over low heat Add flour to make a white roux.
- In another sauce pot, scald the milk; gradually beat into the roux.
- Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Stick bay leaf to the onion with the clove and add to the sauce. Simmer at least 15 minutes, 30 if possible.
- Remove onion, and season lightly with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Stir in grated Gruyere and Parmesan until just melted.
- Remove from heat, and finish by whisking in raw butter.
- Heat butter in saute pan over medium heat.
- While pan is heating, dredge chicken in seasoned flour; shake off excess.
- Saute over medium heat until lightly browned,then flip chicken over and complete cooking.
- Remove chicken from pan, and serve 2 oz. Mornay sauce with each breast.
Recipe submitted by Chef Josh Kern, Englewood Marketplace Kroger