Chef Josh Kern
Hillshire Farms Cheddarwurst
Spicy Beer Mustard (Recipe Below)
Pretzel Dough (Recipe Below)
Caramelized red onions
Heineken Beer left over from mustard recipe
1. Heat cheddar wurst in remaining beer and finish cooking on the grill.
2. Roll out about 2 oz. of pretzel dough and place 2 T. mustard, cheddar wurst, and caramelized onions on top.
3. Roll the wurst, the onions, and the mustard up inside the dough.
4. Grease a strip of aluminum foil and roll up the pretzel wurst inside the foil.
5. Place on grill and cook on each side roughly 3 minutes.
6. Remove from foil and enjoy!
Spicy Beer Mustard:
2/3 C. Heineken beer
1/8 t. ground Tumeric
1 C. Dry mustard powder
1 T. candied ginger, minced
1/8 C. molasses
1/2 dried Mediterranean apricots, minced
1T. brown sugar
salt/ pepper to taste
1/8 C. honey
1. Combine beer and mustard powder in a bowl; let sit at least 30 minutes.
2. Combine remaining ingredients and let stand in refrigerator another 30 minutes.
1 1/2 C. warm water
1 t. salt
2 T. granulated sugar
4 T. butter, melted
1 package active dry yeast
Approximately 4 1/4 C. flour
1. pour sugar, salt, and yeast in water and let sit at least 5 minutes, until yeast yeast becomes active.
2. Add flour and butter slowly until well combined.
3. Continue to mix until dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
4. Knead dough 4-5 minutes.
5. Oil a bowl and place dough inside; Cover and let rest one hour until dough doubles in size.