Grillin’ with Tim
WHO CAN ENTER
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be Ohio, Kentucky, or Indiana residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WKRC-TV viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Media III, Inc., and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WKRC-TV (the “Station”), WSTR, Meijer, Inc., ConAgra, Curly’s, Champion, Lother’s Catering, Eichler Golf Cars, PepsiCo, each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren. Only one winner per household if more than one winner per contest.
HOW TO ENTER
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants may enter as often as they wish.
(b) To enter, stop by any participating Meijer location and pick up an official entry form. Fill it out by hand and mail it to Grillin’ w/ Tim, c/o Local 12 WKRC-TV, P.O. Box 19615, Cincinnati, OH 45219-0615. Only one entry per envelope. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
(c) The contest starts on May 23, 2013, and ends at 5:00 p.m. EDT on August 7, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). Entries must be received by Station by 11:00 a.m. EDT on each of the drawing dates as listed below. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected mail/entries or for printing errors.
NUMBER OF WINNERS SELECTED
Thursday, May 30
Tuesday, June 11
Thursday, June 20
Thursday, July 11
Thursday, July 18
Thursday, July 25
Thursday, August 1
Thursday, August 8
(d On each of the drawing dates listed above the applicable number of winners will be selected by random drawing from among valid entries, for a total of ten (10) winners during the Contest Period. Remaining valid entries will carry over to the next drawing. Winners are subject to further review and approval by the Station based on technical requirements and geographic location. Winners will be contacted by phone. A live microwave signal must be tested from the location and the signal must be of broadcast quality before the winner can be confirmed by the Station.
(e) All entries received that are incomplete, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. A total of (10) winners will be selected. Each winner will receive a Char-Broil 3-burener 36000 BTU gas grill and acatered BBQ party for up to two-hundred (200) people. The prize includes food, non-alcoholic beverages (soda and water), condiments, utensils, paper products. The retail value of each prize is $1,500.00. The BBQ party will take place on most Thursdays or another weekday (i.e., Tuesday) as determined by the Station. Chief meteorologist, Tim Hedrick, or another meteorologist from Local 12, will appear during the winner’s BBQ which will be broadcast during the Station’s 5:00 p.m. EDT, 5:30 p.m. EDT, and 6:00 p.m. EDT newscasts. Winners must have a BBQ on the broadcast date determined by the Station. The Station has the right to cancel the BBQ in the event of severe weather, breaking news, or technical problems and will use reasonable efforts to reschedule contingent upon the Station’s schedule. If the BBQ cannot be rescheduled to fit within the Station’s broadcast schedule, no alternative prize of any kind will be awarded.
2. Winner(s) will be notified at the time of their calls. Before claiming prizes, winners must provide their correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Winner(s) must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification. Winner(s) must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a winner cannot be notified within 24 hours from being selected as the winner, does not meet the required technical specifications, cancels the BBQ, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Winner must sign a W-9 form.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household. Individuals who won Grillin’ with Tim in 2012 are not eligible, nor are individuals or households who have won three (3) or more Grillin’ with Tim BBQ parties in a lifetime.
7. Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Media III, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
ODDS OF WINNING/MISCELLANEOUS
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WKRC-TV, 1906 Highland Avenue, Cincinnati OH 45219 and on the Station’s website at www.local12.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WKRC-TV, 1906 Highland Avenue, Cincinnati OH 45219 by August 31, 2013.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Media III, Inc., Meijer, Inc., Curly’s, Champion, Lother’s Catering, Eichler Golf Cars, and PepsiCo accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.