CINCINNATI , Ohio – The Cincinnati Cyclones, proud affiliate of the NHL’s Florida Panthers and Nashville Predators, announced today their 2012 Protected List.
Cincinnati’s Protected List is as follows:
Brian O’Hanley, Nick Tabisz, Alain Goulet, Maury Edwards, Mathieu Aubin, David MacDonald, Bryan Elliott, Dan Eves, Mike Liambas, Mathew Sisca, Michael Pelech, Chris Reed, Matt McIlvane, and Nathan Moon.
All ECHL teams are allowed to protect as many players as they wish provided the players protected meet the guidelines as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association. The Cyclones shall retain the rights to each player provided that he:
1. Signed a Standard Players Contract in 2011-12 with the Cyclones, and has not been traded or released, OR
2. Signed a Standard Players Contract in 2011-12, and was recalled to the NHL/AHL or IIHF team, and has not been traded or released, OR
3. Had received a Qualifying Offer last summer for the current season, DID NOT sign an SPC, and has not been traded or released, OR
4. Has been suspended by the Cyclones or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
5. Signed a Standard Players Contract on or after the first day of the 2011-12 regular season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released.
ECHL also announced that teams must complete all Future Consideration trades by 3 p.m. ET on June 13 and that teams must submit their Season-Ending Roster by 3 p.m. ET on June 15. Season-ending rosters may include up to 20 players and cannot include any players who did not sign an ECHL contract in 2011-12.