Contest Name: “12 Lights of Christmas” (the “Contest”)
Station(s): Local 12 WKRC-TV (the “Station”)
Station(s) Address(es): 1906 Highland Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45219
Local 12 WKRC-TV (hereinafter “Local 12”), its subsidiaries and affiliated companies; Adrian Durban Florist, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies; and The Castle, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (altogether the “Sponsor”) will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. Description of Contest/Participation.
FOR ANY INSTANT CONTESTS, NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY AND PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules.
- Dates of Contest: The Contest will begin on or about November 21, 2011 and end on or about December 25, 2011.
How to Enter: Register by submitting an entry via LOCAL12.com. Log onto Local 12’s website at www.local12.com and follow the contest links and complete the on-line registration form, or e-mail a picture and all necessary contact information (including name, address and phone number) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries must include a picture (less than 1MB) of your home decorated with an outdoor holiday light display. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Entries must be submitted on-line. Mail-in entries will not be accepted. Valid contest entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified.
Local 12 will select twelve (12) entries from all valid entries received. Entries will be judged on number of lights, creativity and overall look. Entries remain property of Local 12. Local 12 is not responsible for any lost, stolen and/or misplaced entries.
If a winner cannot be contacted from the information provided on the entry form, the Company reserves the right to select another winner in its sole discretion. The final deadline for receipt of entries is December 16, 2011 at 11:59 a.m.
2. Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
Prize: $50 gift certificate to The Castle and $40 gift card to Adrian Durban Florist
(Approximate prize value: $90)
This information also is available from the Station by sending a written request, along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope, to the address listed above. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Actual retail value may vary. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. No prize transfer, assignment, or substitution by Winner is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Winner must accept the Grand Prize as awarded. Each prize is non-transferable and may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration. All prizes must be redeemed within 30 days of the Contest end date, unless otherwise stated. No cash equivalent for prize(s) will be awarded. If a winner cannot be reached or is disqualified, Newport reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner's prize, in its sole discretion. Additional conditions and restrictions may apply to particular prizes. Any such limitations will be announced on the air and posted in the Contest section of Local12.com and CWCincinnati.com.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents at least 18 years old, as determined by Newport, and reside in the Station's Designated Market Area, as determined by Nielsen Media Research. Winner must be property owner. Property must be a single family dwelling. Winner must allow Local 12 access to their front yard to shoot their light display for use in a newscast. Winners’ homes will be featured on the Local 12 website and during the 11:00 p.m. newscast – one each night, starting on December 14, 2011 and ending on December 25, 2011. Winners cannot select a specific date to be featured on air. In the event a winner cannot accept the prize on the specified date, the winner will forfeit the prize and another winner will be selected. The decisions of Local 12 are sole and final. Local 12 reserves the right to change the on-air feature date at any time. Inclement weather, breaking news or acts of nature beyond our control may force cancellation or postponement of the delivery, and will be solely at the discretion of Local 12. However, Local 12 reserves the right to cancel the entire event without notice. Only one (1) prize per household per Contest. Only one (1) prize per household from any of Newport's stations within any thirty (30) day period. Employees of Newport, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as "in-laws," or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. Participants cannot be a registered candidate for public office and must agree not to become one until one year after the conclusion of the Contest and initial broadcast of the program associated with the Contest (if applicable). Participants must never have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, other than a minor traffic violation, and have never had a restraining order or other injunctive relief entered against them. If a participant has appeared in a television reality/game show series or is currently involved in the production of any such television show, participant is ineligible to participate in the Contest. At Newport’s request, any participant must timely produce proof of eligibility satisfactory to Newport, and participants who fail to timely produce such proof will be disqualified.
4. Email / Online Entry. For all contests the Sponsor disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with a winning entry. Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s).
5. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winners grant Newport exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests without notice and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in Contests, where allowed by law, participants agree that Newport may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes without notice or remuneration. Winners agrees to execute any additional liability or publicity release agreements requested by Sponsors.
6. Release of Liability. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against Newport, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign a waiver form provided by Newport without modification. Upon request from Sponsor, entrants must promptly furnish proof of legal U.S. residency, legal age, and eligibility to enter the Contests.
7. Limitation on Liability. Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, late, damaged, defaced, incomplete, stolen, illegible, indiscernible, mutilated, illegally obtained, postage due or misdirected entries or for any typographical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contests, or announcement of the prizes and/or all Contests-related materials. By entering this Contests, each entrant forever discharges, releases, and holds harmless Sponsor, and each of its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of [its/their] respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, losses, damages, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contests, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the Contests or from or in connection with use or receipt of the Grand Prize, however caused.
8. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) that may be awarded in a Contest is based on available information provided to Newport, and the value of any prize(s) awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize, which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide Newport with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from Newport will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
9. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Newport personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. Newport will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contests and Newport's decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of Newport, Newport reserves the right to terminate an Instant Contests, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as Newport deems appropriate. Inclement weather, breaking news or acts of nature beyond our control may force cancellation or postponement of the contest, and will be solely at the discretion of CW. All decisions will be made by Newport and are final.
ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF A CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF A CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Miscellaneous. Newport may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue a Contest at any time as announced on the relevant station(s). Newport disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of a Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours or mail a written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope to the Station's address, listed above. All entries become the property of Newport and will not be returned. To be removed from our direct mail, email or fax lists, visit the main office of the Station during regular business hours, or send a written request including the contest name, along with a self addressed stamped envelope, to Newport Television, LLC, 460 Nichols Road, Suite 250, Kansas City, MO 64112.
11.Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Participating station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting Contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, and providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.